Blooming Here. Living Now.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Overworking Vacation

Vacation. What does it mean to you? A slate of programmed activities and adventures? Space and time to unwind and do, or not do, whatever is desired at the moment? Sometimes the greatest challenge for me, on vacation, is to not work at it too hard. In trying to extract the optimum enjoyment out of each opportunity, I can also squeeze the joy right out it. While some intentionality works, I have to remind myself that memorable moments weren't meant to be strong-armed into existence. Sometimes they are planned, but more often they just happen. And I'll be better able to enjoy them, when they do, if I am not disgruntled about the discrepancy between the way things are, and the way they are "supposed to be".

No comments: