Blooming Here. Living Now.

Monday, April 1, 2019

Living Like Daddy

I feel like belonging to Dad as his daughter, and sharing the same fabric of life and faith, is already being made manifest in my life. It comforts and pleases me to think of the ways in which we are similar.  That the legacy of who he was, lives on through me.  I seek, as he would: To pay attention to the small things.  To acknowledge people and remember their names.  To be fully present and engaged with them.  To ask them questions, and be enthralled by their stories.

To practice hospitality. To be whimsical, spontaneous, and fun-loving/playful.
To be considerate, and honor others above myself.  To love the Word of God, and the people of God.  To be whole-hearted in praise.  To live with the joy of the Lord as my strength.  To be content.  To savor the simple pleasures and give glory to God in all circumstances.  To be continually grateful.  To share God's story intentionally and consistently.  To pray unceasingly.  To memorize the Word of God strategically.  To be wise in my use of God-given resources. 

I desire to have a liberating perspective on things, and not have them lay a claim on me or weigh me down and require an investment of my resources, attention, and space which they cannot justify.  
I desire to have the less is more perspective, even as Elana chose several key photos, indicative of Daddy's life, rather than putting up collage after collage.  The ones she chose were a beautiful representation of so many more.  That beats trying to jam pack every calendar, moment, living space, time together.
I desire to be free to make and move forward on decisions, after I've done due diligence to know what can be known.  To not second guess, and exhaustively seek to "improve upon" or envision a better version of myself, others, and scenarios.  To trust God that He is sovereignly working in and through all things, that I need not be paralyzed by the fear of missing it.
I desire to live spaciously, and give generously, without fear.
I desire to relish the beauty of what is, even while acknowledging the presence of what is not.  That I not require of life what it was never intended to provide; would never be able to provide.


No comments: